Moretrench Industrial has significant experience with storage facilities of all types from dual-contained concrete structures to lined ponds to dry solid impoundments. We are involved in these projects from new construction through operations and maintenance through closure or dismantlement.
At Moretrench Industrial, we are valued for our ability to undertake these challenging projects and for mobilizing experienced construction teams that understand industrial facilities’ working conditions. We employ the most up-to-date construction means and methods to complete the improvement or closure safely and efficiently.
With a comprehensive understanding of subsurface conditions, which includes soil types, groundwater levels, and potential obstructions, we can develop the optimum approach for safe execution of the work. Our robust skill-set, means that nearly all of our work can be self-performed and managed in-house. Our experience includes:
- Clearing and grubbing (vegetation and/or unsuitable material removal)
- Ground improvement (demucking, moisture conditioning, stabilization fabrics, grouting, etc.)
- Earthwork and Excavation
- Moisture conditioning, compaction, liner subgrade preparation and final grading
- Under-drains or seepage drains (complex systems requiring deep excavations, shoring, safety tie-off systems, select gravel/aggregate, geo-composites, outlet pipes, manholes, cleanouts, vents and more)
- Temporary dewatering (strategic, well-built sumps, wellpoints, deep wells or sock drains)
- Stormwater or site drainage (piping, manholes, inlet/outlet structures, conveyance ditches)
- Erosion and scour protection (fabri-form, uniform section mats, cable mats, rip-rap, energy dissipaters, etc.)
- Final surfacing (stabilized roads, grassing, gravel ground cover, etc.)
Depending on project requirements, excavators and graders can be fitted with on-board 3-D computers hooked into the machine’s hydraulics for pinpoint grade control. Data upload and download between the office and the field are transmitted via satellite and cellular tower directly to the on-board computer screen. Use of these systems increases accuracy, efficiency, and quality control.